If you are listing your home during the Spring Market you are likely going to do touch ups and paint entire rooms in your home. When summer comes, there will have been a huge flood of homes on the market and you will want to stand out. The best way not to get lost in the shuffle is not to have a cringe-worthy paint job. Not everyone can look past a poor colour choice to see the real potential in a space.
When potential buyers are looking for a home they are also picturing all the work that may need to be done. If your home is the right space but not move in ready, it may go to the bottom of the pile.
To get the most bang for your buck and to not be forgotten, pick colours that:
- appeal to a wide range of people
- are neutral, grayscale or classic
- work with the other features of the home
- are light enough that it is easy for the new owner to complete their own paint job
- don’t deter potential buyers who are looking for a home with the least amount of work
This list is not just for wall colours but it also includes cabinets, appliances and anything else that is likely to be included in a sale.
I am sure the owner who chose this colour enjoys it. Unfortunately, not everyone will.
For the best results when selling your home in the Barrie Real Estate market, use a Home Stager. If you have any questions do not hesitate to give us a call at The Weber Team.