Springwater Township is located between Barrie and Wasaga Beach and includes the towns of Minesing, Elmvale, Hillsdale, Midhurst, Orr Lake, Phelpston and Anten Mills. The population is just over 19,000 people.
Midhurst is largest town in the township with a population of 3000 people. Midhurst is the home of Barrie Baycats an independent minor league baseball team that plays in the semi pro Intercounty Baseball League. The Baycats play their home games at the Barrie Community Sports Complex that is located in Midhurst.
Here are some of the places that The Weber Team recommends in the Township of Springwater.
- Snow Valley Ski Resort
2632 Vespra Valley Rd, Minesing
– 20 runs for skiing, snowboarding & tubing.
- Simcoe County Museum
1151 Hwy 26, Minesing
– 4.7 star rating with 236 Google reviews
- Elmvale Jungle Zoo
14191 Simcoe County Rd 27, Phelpston
– 4.4 star rating with 1268 Google reviews – Open Victoria Day weekend to Thanksgiving
- Barrie Hill Farms
2935 Barrie Hill Road
– Apple, blueberry & strawberry picking
– 4.4 star rating with 518 reviews on Google
- Nicholyn Farms
3088 Horseshoe Valley Road W, Phelpston
– Farm fresh market
– 4.6 star rating with 180 Google reviews
Sprinwater Township Website: www.springwater.ca