Barrie is a vibrant city with a thriving economy located on the western shores of Lake Simcoe just 45 minutes north of Toronto. The population of Barrie is about 160,000. Barrie has lots to offer including 6.7 kms of waterfront trails, 57 festivals and events, 300 plus restaurants and over 15 golf courses in the greater Barrie area. Barrie Ontario is also the home of Georgian College that has 13,000 full time students that includes 3,600 international students.
Besides the waterfront trails around Kempenfelt Bay Barrie has beaches at Centennial Park, Johnsons Beach and Minet’s Point. If you would like to know more about Barrie Ontario’s local history you can visit the Simcoe County Museum that also has a furnished cottage from the 1920’s on display.
Barrie is only a short drive away from ski resorts Moonstone/Mount St Louis, Horseshoe Valley and Snow Valley. Barrie is also the gateway to the Muskoka Lakes region that boasts some of the most beautiful lakes and rivers in the world.
The Barrie Molson Centre is home of the Barrie Colts of the Ontario Hockey League. Go Colts!
- Barrie Farmers Market: Barrie City Hall Collier and Mulcaster St – Saturday 8am to noon
- Kempenfest: August Civic Long Weekend – Ontario’s biggest and best waterfront festival featuring over 400 vendors, live music, youth village, an across the bay swim, midway and much more. Giving back to the community 49 years strong!
The Weber Teams favourite food picks in Barrie:
- Michael and Marion’s
89 Bayfield Street
– 4.5 Star rating with 195 reviews on Google
- Urban Dish
367 Yonge Street
– 4.6 Star rating with 225 reviews on Google
- Groovy Tuesdays Bistro
73 Collier Street
– 4.7 Star rating with 111 reviews on Google
- Shirley’s Bayside Grill
150 Dunlop Street E.
– 4.4 Star rating with 145 reviews on Google
- J’Adore Fine Cheese & Chocolate
123 Dunlop Street E
– 4.8 Star rating with 96 reviews
- The Lazy Tulip
29 Maple Ave
– 4.6 Star rating with 443 reviews on Google
- The Vegan Pantry
34 Ross St
– 4.5 Star rating with 99 reviews on Google
- Bohemia Café
125 Dunlop Street E
– 4.7 Star rating with 200 reviews on Google
- Homestead Artisan Bakery & Café
80 Dunlop St E
– 4.8 Star rating with 161 reviews
- Sigrid’s Café & Fine Bakery
10 Ross Street
– 4.6 Star rating with 106 reviews on Google
Places to shop, enjoy and relax:
- The Camphill Store 111 Dunlop Street – Local Artisans
- Nature’s Best Natural Food Market 7 Glenwood Drive
- Heritage Square Yonge Street & Big Bay Point Rd
- Meridian Place Events 30 Simcoe Street
- Centennial Park & Beach Lakeshore Drive
Hospital: Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre
201 Georgian Drive
City of Barrie